Archive for the Foot care Category
If you are suffering from tight pain in the arches of your feet as your run your maybe suffering what is commonly called plantar fasciitis. Over pronation is one of the most common causes of plantar fasciitis. Over pronation is when your foot rolls inward too much as you run or walk this can cause stress and tightness in the arch which can increase the risk of damage to the arch of your foot. Pronated arches can also cause the arch of the feet to become tight this can also cause the plantar fascia which makes up the longitudinal arch to be more easily overused and stretched.
Abnormal loads and sudden or consistent impact shocks which can arise as your feet strike the ground whilst you run or jump can play havoc on your feet and can also cause you problems, plus with excessive load on the foot especially whilst running can place even more pressure and shock on your feet and is sure fire way of developing plantar fasciitis however with inbuilt arch support our insoles help to give your feet that extra support that they so need. Nuova Health insoles are made from special shock absorbing EVA material that helps you give your feet an extra layer of protection that depletes the impact of shock on your feet.
Fallen or high arches can cause your feet to become more susceptible to pronation problems and at great risk of overt stretching and straining.
The tendons, muscles and tendons found in other parts of your body can also be affected by your gait and how your feet are supported. Causing excessive and unnatural stress on these parts of your body can cause the onset of injuries such as knee tendonitis or even back pain.
Our foot orthotics helps to adjust and correct bio-mechanical imbalances that can cause abnormal gait and pronantion in the foot which can in turn cause injury.
How your feet pronantes is key to reducing stress and unnatural load on your feet whilst you run.
Help to correct pronation to a suitable level.
Specially crafted insoles like the ones available at Nuova Health will make standing for long periods at a time far more comfortable as well as making your feet better able to cope from the harsh impacts that can result from simply running or walking.
Best insoles for arch pain?
Here at NuovaHealth we have a wide selection of orthotic insoles that will help to ease your arch pain. Our insoles work via orthotic compression that will help to keep strain and pressure off your arches. We are so confident that our insoles will help you that if our insoles fail to properly help you with your arch pain you can simply send them back to us within 30 days to get a full refund.
1. Nuovahealth carbon fiber arch support insoles
Our carbon fiber arch support insoles are a perfect choice for anyone suffering from arch pain. They are super lightweight and have excellent arch support that will help to better support your feet keeping strain and tension off your plantar fascia.
- Made from lightweight carbon fiber material
- The ideal choice for people with flat feet or high arches and who are more prone to developing foot injuries as a result.
- Provides sufficient arch and heel support that helps to correct common bio mechanical imbalances associated with foot injuries and pain.
- Ideal for runners and athletes
- Can help treat and prevent many different foot injuries including plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis.
- Works to help correct overpronation and under pronation when you run or walk.
2. Premium sport insoles
If shock is causing pain in your arches then you might want to think about buying a pair of these insoles. They have been specially made from medical grade shock absorbing materials that will keep your feet better protected against shock damage. What is more they make use of a wide range of orthotic technologies to help ease pressure off your feet!
- Excellent at absorbing shock and preventing pressure from building up underneath your feet and heels.
- Inbuilt arch support to ease tension in your arches
- Correct common functional problems linked to foot and lower limb injuries.
- Heel cup helps to improve stability around your heels and ankles.
- Perfect for those who suffer from flat feet or high arches
- Ideal for runners and athletes.
3. Gel massaging gel insoles
If you are looking for a pair of insoles that will help protect your feet from shock damage as well as provide you with a custom level of arch support then you should check out our innovative massaging gel insoles.
- Adapts and shapes to the exact contours of your feet to help provide custom support to your feet.
- Excellent at absorbing shock and easing pressure off your feet.
- Ideal for those who find themselves standing around all day.
- Inbuilt heel cup protects and supports your heel.
- Lightweight and can be worn inside many different types of shoes.
4. Shock absorbing insoles
These insoles are super light weight and breathable making them a great choice for any athlete that doesn’t want smell sweaty feet after rigorous exercise. They also have ample amount of arch support to keep your feet protected and are great at absorbing shock. What is more is that if for what ever reason you are not 100% satisfied with your new insoles you can send them back to get a full refund.
- Made from medical grade shock absorbing materials to protect your feet from shock.
- Inbuilt arch support correct common bio-mechanical imbalances that can cause injury to the feet.
- Perfect for easing foot fatigue for people who are on their feet all day.
- Breathable holes help to circulate air around your feet keeping them feeling fresh, dry and bacteria free.
- Ideal for those with flat feet or high arches.
Improper pronation is one of the main causes of arch pain. These insoles are specially adapted to help correct the pronation in your feet. They do this by using a range of different orthtoic support technologies to realign and correct the positioning of your feet as you walk.
- Corrects the pronation of your feet
- Helps to restore balance and correct common bio-mechanical imbalances associated with foot injuries.
- Made from durable and shock absorbing materials.
- Inbuilt metatarsal pad helps to combat against metatarsalgia
- Heel cup keeps your heel stable and supported properly
Over and under pronation can be corrected by orthotics… But what exactly is meant by pronation of the foot and how does it over or under pronate and does it even matter? This article aims to address these issues.
Pronation is the inward “roll” of your foot whilst you run or walk. In other terms pronation is the amount of inward roll that occurs when your foot pushes off after each step.
Normal or neutral pronation is preferred and in order to check if you have normal pronation one of the biggest clues is your arch (on the sole of your foot) if you have a normal arch then there is a big chance you have normal pronation (sometimes not always the case).
If you have got normal pronation of the foot then you may run best in well supported orthotics.
Over and under pronation of the feet can lead to pain in the foot region and the heel as well as site wide inflammation. People who have got flat feet tend to be the ones with over pronation in the feet and are best suited to insoles or shoes that help support the arch of the foot i.e. arch support insoles. In contrast to this people who have not got flat feet but the very opposite with high arches are the ones that tend to suffer from under pronation. People who suffer from under pronation are best to buy some shoes or insoles that help to support the arch and foot in a more natural position.
Causes of over and under pronation
Scientists have come up with many explanation to the causes of over pronation however scientist have yet to come to any conclusions as to what is exactly to blame. Some reasons that scientist and orthopaedics have come up with include:
– Leg length discrepancy’s (unequal length of the leg).
This can be corrected using heel lifts to correct the difference in leg lengths.
– Weakening or tightening of the muscles surrounding the arch of the foot.
This can be treated by stretching and strengthening the muscles around the arch of the foot.
– Poorly fitting shoes that do not give adequate support and psotions the foot in unnatural postions where over time can cuase damage.
– Ageing can cause weakening of the tissues that support the arch
– Obesity, being overweight can cause more pressure on the arch of the foot.
Arch support insoles can be worn to help too support the plantar fascia and the arch of the foot thus reducing over or under pronation of the foot. The arch support corrects and supports the natural arch in the foot reducing pain and easing inflammation.
Heel pain is a big nuisance and it can interrupt and make day to day activity difficult. It can be even more troublesome when your job demands that you stay on your feet for long periods of time for example working in retail on the shop floor. What you need is instant pain relief so you can get on with your life.
Heel pain symptoms can be appearing as either a dull ache at the heels bottom or a sharp stabbing pain, the pain can be localised anywhere on the heel from the back to the front. Heel pain is a main cause of people seeking professional podiatric help. Heel pain is a common symptom of a condition known as plantar fasciitis or plantar fasciosis. The plantar fascia is a tendon that wraps itself under the heel and links it to the toes. The plantar fascia provides the support around the arch of the foot that allows the foot to push off from the ground. Sometimes severe trauma to the area caused by a blow may result in this kind of pain but plantar fasciitis is more commonly occurring due to overuse.
Overuse of the plantar fascia will result in aggravation of the condition and a deterioration accompanied by inflammation in the area. Weight gain increases pressure on the plantar fascia resulting in its overuse, also heavy exercise such as marathon training can lead to overuse resulting in heel pain. To avoid plantar fasciitis we should not overload the plantar fascia. It is recommended that as we get older we only increase exercise intensity gently in order to reduce the likelihood of injury such as plantar fasciitis. The heel pain is a way the body has of preserving the plantar fascia by telling you to slow down and give it rest. Luckily we can give the plantar fascia the rest it requires whilst living a full and active life.
Cushion heel pads take on the role of the plantar fascia providing cushioning and support. In effect it shares the burden of walking around and so allows the plantar fascia to recuperate and reduces inflammation and pain in the heel. NuovaHealth source the best products for plantar fasciitis such as heel cushion pads and soothing gel heel cups as well as arch support insoles. All products are guaranteed to reduce your pain or you get your money back, that is how confident we are in what we sell.
Explaining the benefits of Arch Support Insoles
If your work involves standing or walking for long hours on flat hard surfaces then your feet can start to suffer problems such as over pronation. It is estimated that 65% of the population experience foot ailments and it is all due to the hard flat artificial surfaces we run, walk and stand upon every day. These artificial surfaces and not like the surfaces that exist in nature that humans evolved to walk upon. Walk along sand or on grass or soil and you will notice that the ground seems to mould to your feet, it is soft and absorbs your weight easily. Now walk on concrete and you will find that the force of your weight hitting the ground gets redirected upwards into your ligaments and joints as the ground doesn’t mould to your feet instead it is rigid, stubborn and hard and it is causing damage to your feet.
These hard surfaces can cause overpronation which leads to heel inflammation and can also lead to knee and back pain as your posture readjusts to distribute your weight away from the foot. Overpronation fortunately can be corrected with the use of arch support insoles. Arch support insoles absorb shocks from the ground as you walk, support your feet’s natural position and correct your posture. Whilst orthotics can be expensive it is a good investment because they help to prevent injuries and pain caused by biomechanical problems in the future. It is said that prevention is much better than the cure and this is certainly true for arch support insoles as they prevent problems from occurring in the foot and can help your feet to start repairing themselves as they are no longer inflamed and as swollen as they were before. Existing pain is also relieved with the use of arch support insoles.
NuovaHealth source only the best quality arch support insoles to fit all your needs. They can be cut down to the exact size you require ensuring a comfy fit for your favourite pair of shoes. Try our arch support insoles today – year long guarantee applies to all our products meaning if you are not happy you can return them for a full refund, no questions asked.
Below you will find a list of the very best arch supporting insoles that can be used to prevent and treat a wide number of different foot, leg, knee, hip and back problems.
First to feature on our list are our Arch Support Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis and Flat Feet, which have been constructed using carbon fibre in a contoured plastic shell to support and protect your feet.
These insoles are perfect for those with flat feet and high arches who are more prone to developing foot injuries such as plantar fasciitis, this is because they are designed to help correct biomechanical imbalances and help improve your foots function. The rigid arch support also helps to take pressure off your arch and prevent your feet from over pronating or under pronation when you walk. These insoles are ideal of runners and athletes due to the fact these insoles are made from carbon fibre means making them extremely lightweight and durable plus you can trim them to size quickly and easily to fit inside even the narrowest running shoes. These insoles come with a full 30 day money back guarantee, this means if the insoles fail to ease your foot pain or they are simply not for you then you are able to send them back within 30 days of receiving them and you will get a full refund!
- Rigid inbuilt arch support helps to keep your feet supported and injury free.
- Corrects pronation in your feet (excessive pronation is linked to a number of different foot and lower limb injuries).
- Can be worn to help treat a number of foot and lower limb injuries including but not limited to Plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, Metatarsalgia, Morton’s neuroma, Shins splints, Runners knee and Jumpers knee.
- Ideal for those with flat feet and high arches.
- Designed to efficiently absorb shock and spread pressure evenly across the heel and foot making these insoles ideal if you are on your feet for long periods or you are an active runner.
- Available in different shoe sizes 3-7 and 7-11, can also be trimmed to the right size and shape.
- 3/4 Semi rigid plastic heel cup shell helps to improve support and comfort around your heel.
- Treated Active anti bacterial carbon fibre to prevent odour and the build up of bacteria keeping your feet feeling fresher for longer.
If you want to give your arches extra support and protection around the house without wearing shoes then we would highly recommend picking up a pair of these foot supports. They work by using a cushion pad that straps around your foot supporting your arch and protecting your foot from shock without the need of wearing shoes.
Biomechanical and functional imbalances such as over pronation during the gait cycle can cause abnormal load and pressure on your feet triggering injuries such as plantar fasciitis. The cushion pad will help to hold your foot in a natural position when you walk stopping your foot from excessively pronating. Not only will a pair these foot supports help to take strain and pressure off your arches but they will also help to support and protect the balls of your feet easing ball of foot pain. Please note that these insoles will need to be regularly replaced every 2-3 months depending upon how often you wear them to ensure that your feet get the best support and protection.
- One size fits all.
- Light weight and discrete. Most people forget that they are wearing them!
- Can be worn with or without shoes
- Ideal for treating injuries such as plantar fasciitis and metatarsalgia (also known as ball of foot pain).
- Cushion pad supports and protects your arch and ball of foot from shock and strain.
- Motion control orthotic compression prevents your foot from pronating excessively.
These gel insoles adapt to the contours and shape of your feet to provide you with a custom level of protection. These massaging gel insoles will actively massage your feet and are ideal for runners, athletes and people who find themselves on their feet for long periods of the day. These insoels will help to combat against foot aches, fatigue and pain and thanks to their enahnched shock absorbing properties they will also help to prevent shock causing pain and injury in your lower legs, knees, hips and back.
Wearing these insoles inside your shoes has been proven to be better for your feet than wearing more expensive custom insoles. Unlike custom insoles these insoles position and support your feet in a more natural and correct position whilst custom insoles are made from a cast of your feet and will only ever support your feet in that position which was causing you problems.
- Available in shoe sizes 6-9 and 8-12.
- Treated with an anti bacterial formula to prevent foot odour and lowering risk of infections.
- Made from durable silicone gel that lasts longer than other insoles providing your feet sustained support and protection.
- Massages and adapts to the changing shape and contours of your feet as you walk for the best possible comfort.
- Supports arch, forefoot, ball of feet, heel and Achilles tendon.
- Perfect for those who suffer from flat feet or high arches.
- Corrects pronation and other imbalances that can cause injury and pain.
Wearing shock absorbing insoles is important if you are a runner and run on hard surfaces. This is because running on hard surfaces can cause severe damage to key parts of your foot such as your plantar fascia making you more prone to developing injuries such as plantar fasciitis.
If you have already developed a foot injury such as plantar fasciitis your feet will not be able to function properly. This can affect your foots ability to absorb shock which can make you even more prone to further damage and your plantar fasciitis getting worse.
These insoles have been made specially to absorb as much shock as possible and the memory foam top layer will stop pressure from building up underneath by evenly spread this pressure around your foot to prevent damage and ease foot aches, pain and reduce fatigue.
Not only will these insoles help to protect your feet form harmful shock but they will also help to support your arch. The inbuilt arch support that they have will keep strain off your arches when you walk or run and will help to correct the most common functional and biomechanical imbalances from occurring. These insoles are extremely lightweight and have been designed with breathable holes that help to better circulate air around your feet keeping your feet as fresh as possible.
- Available in sizes 6-8 and 9-12
- Super light weight and flexible design makes these an ideal choice for runners wanting to avoid injury.
- Hard shell design helps to stop shock in its track allowing you to run on hard surfaces without any problems.
- Inbuilt arch support keeps your feet in the correct position and stops strain and overt stretching.
- Metatarsal pads help to prevent and treat metatarsalgia!
- Ideal for people suffering from Plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, Ball of foot pain, Morton’s neuroma, Shins splints, and knee problems.
They have been made with the very best light weight and shock absorbing materials. The inbuilt arch support is extremely rigid giving your feet a lot of support and protection in the places that they need it the most such as the tarsal and metatarsal bones as well as the supporting longitudinal (medial and lateral) transverse arch ligaments.
If you are suffering from plantar fasciitis these insoles are ideal for treating a number of different biomechanical and foot function conditions that can contribute to plantar fasciitis. By getting rid of these underlining causes and by taking strain and pressure off your arches these insoles will help your feet to heal properly allowing for you to make a full and speedy recovery.
- Available in a number of shoe sizes.
- Inbuilt arch support helps to correct the way that your feet function as well as helping to take strain and pressure off your plantar fascia and metatarsal bones.
- Memory foam and shock absorbing base stops shock from damaging your lower limbs and makes your feet fell extremely comfortable.
- Heel cup and heel grip technology improves stability in your heels and ankle stopping your feet from moving and around and helping you to avoid sprains and strains to the Achilles tendon.
- Helps to reduce aches and fatigue.
- Metatarsal pads help to better support your metatarsal bones, toes and forefoot better helping to treat and prevent injuries such as Metatarsalgia, Bunions and Morton’s neuroma.
- Breathable holes help keep your feet dry and feeling fresher for longer when running and playing sports.
Heel pain is a common symptom of plantar fasciitis. The plantar fascia is a ligament that connects the heel bone to the toes; it supports the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is injured or is weakened or becomes swollen or inflamed the heel of the foot can begin to hurt as you stand due to the added pressure of the weight of your body on the already inflamed plantar fascia. Plantar fasciitis is the name for this inflammation in the plantar fascia.
As we have already explained heel pain is the most common symptom of plantar fasciitis. In order to gain relief from this pain you have to support the plantar fascia and distribute the pressure, caused by standing, away from the painful area.
In order to gain the most appropriate relief from plantar fasciitis heel pain we must consider the causes of the heel pain in the first place and treat the cause not just the symptoms. Plantar fasciitis is caused by the ligament that supports the arch straining and thus becoming inflamed. Straining is more likely to occur due to excessive pronation, high arches or flat feet, walking or standing or running for a long time on hard flat surfaces, being overweight, wearing shoes that don’t fit well or a tight Achilles tendon.
People with Plantar fasciitis caused by flat feet can gain relief by using plantar fasciitis insoles. Plantar fasciitis insoles are specially designed orthotics. They are shoe inserts that support the arch of the foot and in doing so re-align your posture, supports the natural arch of the foot and redistributes pressure. The result is instant pain relief from plantar fasciitis associated with flat foot.
If your plantar fasciitis is not caused by flat foot and the arch of your foot is fine then you should instead wear plantar fasciitis heel pads or heel cups. These absorb everyday shock to the heel area and redistribute this away from the painful region; they realign your posture and help to eliminate heel pain. Pain from standing or walking is instantly eliminated.
Those that run may be best advised to wear arch support sports insoles in order to prevent plantar fasciitis from occurring in the first place.
Tight Achilles tendons can be resolved through stretches. We will deal with tight Achilles tendons in a future article as there is a lot to explain here.
NuovaHealth stock many plantar fasciitis products designed to help you find relief from your pain.
If you are involved in athletics then you can benefit from the use of sports insoles. Sports insoles offer reduced risk of injury and improve performance.
Running is an example of an activity that can be improved by the use of sports insoles. Running is extremely popular due to the high amount of calories it burns, the ease in which you can take part and the improvement in your cardiovascular health however running comes with risks. When your foot hits the ground the force generated is equal to 5x your body weight and this force is transmitted throughout the foot and up the legs and into your lower back. This force is then repeated over and over again as you run. The problem is that over time it results in strain on the knee joints and the lower back resulting in pain.
Sports insoles benefit you by absorbing the shock as you hit the ground. The impact is reduced and so straining is reduced. Sports insoles also come with a specially designed arch support. The arch support is an orthotic feature. The orthotic creates an extra cushioning effect on the foot which will alleviate conditions such as flat foot (that can be made worse by running) and help to create an optimal and mechanically efficient posture further reducing pain in the knees and the lower back.
In conclusion many people take up running and athletics as part of their new year’s resolution and we fully support this as it offers tremendous health benefits. Nuova Health however caution new runners because running is a high impact activity you can make certain conditions worse. Sports insoles can reduce the risk of injuring yourself so you can enjoy all the benefits of running or sport and not have to suffer any of the downsides.
Nuova Health sell high quality insoles designed for all types of conditions. We recommend you take a look at our sports insoles.