Before buying insoles to help treat your Achilles tendonitis it is important to first get to grips with what what causes this will injury to develop, so can you make a better and more informed decision when buying your new insoles!. This article will help provide you with all there is to know about Achilles tendonitis including what causes it and how to treat it properly. Below you will also find a handpicked selection of the best insoles for treating and preventing this injury!
What is Achilles tendonitis?
Achilles tendonitis is a form of tendonitis that affects the Achilles heel; there are many reasons why someone may get Achilles tendonitis. The most common cause of Achilles tendonitis is through over use of the Achilles heel. This can mean healthy athletes have a greater risk of getting Achilles tendonitis than someone whom does not use their Achilles tendon as much.
Something to keep in mind is that the symptoms of Achilles tendonitis can be confused with that of xanthoma of the Achilles tendon; xanthoma is often caused by the build-up of cholesterol due to hypercholesterolemia. In contrast to Achilles tendonitis, xanthoma of the Achilles is actually linked to a unhealthy and inactive lifestyle rather than that of a healthy athletic one.
If you get Achilles tendonitis then recovery can often be long due to the fact that the tissues and cells in the Achilles tendon have a limited supply of blood meaning rebuilding and repairing of Achilles tendon will often take time.
Symptoms of Achilles tendonitis.
Symptoms of Achilles tendonitis include:
You may suffer from stiffness of the Achilles tendon when you wake up in the morning
– Pain which gets worse on the Achilles tendon or on back of your heel when using the Achilles tendon for example whilst running.
– Pain the day after excessive use of the Achilles
– Swelling which gets worse when you use the Achilles
– A bone spur
– Tearing the Achilles tendon can cause a sudden “pop” so to speak if you have experienced this or something similar then it may be best to go see your doctor for further advice.
How does the tendon repair itself?
Scientist believe that when the Achilles tendon needs repairing cells from other tissues surrounding will actually migrate to the Achilles tendon to help repair the damage.
Also blood from blood vessels shall also provide new fibres that will help the tendon reconstruct itself; it has been thought though that this process may actually be a cause to the pain experience when suffering from Achilles tendonitis. Scientific experiments have shown that by injecting local anaesthetics in patients suffering from Achilles tendonitis near these blood vessels the pain can be dramatically reduced.
Achilles tendonitis can be prevented with proper stretching and warm up of the Achilles heel before exercise or sport. Also Achilles tendonitis can occur if one is not wearing correctly fitted and supportive shoes and insoles. That is why buying the right fitting insoles and shoes is quiet important.
There are many tried and tested treatments for Achilles tendonitis including wearing orthotics and also heel pads to help reduce the pressure on the Achilles tendon. By better supporting the Achilles tendon with heel pads it has been proven to drastically improve recovery time, not only that but heel pads for Achilles tendonitis can help to prevent the problem from occurring in the first place.
Preventing Achilles tendonitis is easy with regular stretching exercises and heel pads.
As we get older the fact is that our tissues and bones weaken and this is a natural part of growing older. However this does mean the risk of getting such problems as Achilles tendonitis is greatly increased. To combat this and reduce the risk you can re strengthen the muscles and tissues that are around the Achilles tendon by doing regular stretching exercises. One of the exercises you can do quite easily each day is to slowly lower and raise your body whilst using the leg that is suffering from Achilles tendonitis.
Heel pads are another great way to prevent Achilles tendonitis as they will spread the pressure that can build up on the Achilles tendon and spread it evenly rather than it being focused on one point which may cause damage.
Handpicked selection of the best insoles for Achilles tendonitis
Adjustable, discrete, shock absorbing gel heel lifts. Ideal for height increase, correcting leg length discrepancy and treating injuries such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis.
- 1x pair of gel heel lifts!
- Includes stack system to allow you to quickly and easily adjust your height
- Can be slipped inside a range of different types of shoes with ease
- Can be worn to help prevent and treat a number of different injuries affecting the foot, heel and ankle
- Helps correct leg length discrepancy (when one leg is shorter than the other)
- Silicone gel massages your heels and absorbs shock to provide better heel comfort and protection
- Includes full 30-day money back guarantee
If you have fat feet (also referred to as collapsed arches) then you are at higher risk of developing foot problems and injuries. This is because having flat feet can make you more prone to developing bio-mechanical imbalances that can affect your gait and cause more strain and pressure to be placed on the bones, joints and ligaments found in your feet. That is why it is important to wear arch supporting insoles that will help to stop these imbalances and keep your feet protected.
SizeSize: 7-11 and 3-7.For both men and women.
- 1x pair of arch support insoles developed for those with flat feet who need extra support and protection around their arches
- Inbuilt arch support designed to keep pressure off your arches and correct functional imbalances that can cause injury such as overpronation.
- Solid heel cup holds your heels in places providing you with extra stability and heel support to stop heel and ankle sprains.
- Ideal for people with plantar fasciitis!
- Heel grips help to prevent your foot from moving around and rubbing against the sides of your shoes, this helps to to stop blisters from developing.
- Made from lightweight carbon fiber material that can be trimmed to the right size.
- Perfect for adding inside running and sports shoes to help give you more support and protection when running and playing sports.
- 1x pair of genuine FootReviver heel cups with orthotic support and motion control technology
- Stabilizes and eases pressure off your foot and ankle to help prevent and treat overuse injuries such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis.
- Inbuilt arch support helps stops your foot excessive overpronation (which is when the foot rolls inward excessively during gait) or excessive supination (which when your foot rolls outwards excessively during gait). Excessive overpronation and supination are the most common causes of plantar fasciitis in adults. This is because they can unnatural amount of load on your arch causing it to become inflamed and damaged. That is why these heel cups are perfect for anyone suffering from plantar fasciitis as they help to support your foot in the correct position and help stop your from from pronating in the wrong way.
- Built from shock absorbing materials that help to stop shock from damaging your feet and lower limbs when walking.
- These heel cups helps to prevent the build up of pressure underneath the soles of your feet by spreading pressure evenly across your whole foot instead of allowing pressure points to develop. This makes these heel cups are ideal for people who find themselves on their feet for all day and suffer from foot and heel pain.
- Made to be super lightweight and to fit inside just about any type of footwear
- Comes with a full 30 day money back guarantee which means if you are not entirely satisfied with them you can return them to get a full refund!
These insoles are perfect for easing foot pain if you have flat feet or high arches. Having flat feet or high arches can make you more at risk of developing excessive pronation when you walk or run. Excessive pronation can place extra strain and pressure on your feet and can cause injuries such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis to arise.
Luckily, wearing a pair of these insoles if you have flat feet or high arches can help. They use orthotic support to re-position your feet and prevent your feet from pronating excessively during the gait cycle. Not only that but the inbuilt arch support will also help to stop unnatural load from damaging your arches helping to ease arch and heel pain.
- 1x genuine FootReviver insoles specially designed by foot experts for people with flat feet or high arches
- Inbuilt arch support to keep strain and pressure off your feet and lower limbs
- Built to be as lightweight as possible so your shoes do not feel bulky when you wear them
- Ideal for adding inside running or sports shoes to prevent common sports injuries such as plantar fasciitis or shin splints
- Uses orthotic support to correct the way that your feet pronate and helps get rid of other common biomechanical imbalances that can contribute to foot injuries
- No questions asked 30 day money back guarantee
1x Pair of Heel Lifts (10 layers in total: 5 for the left foot, 5 for the right foot).
Total height gain with all 5 layers = 1.5 inches.
Full 30-day money back guarantee.
Achieve social, career or dating success… We all know that with increased height comes increased confidence and also increased perceived attractiveness and dominance. We cannot recommend our height increase range enough. With increased confidence and perceived dominance, you can go for the job promotion and ask that special someone on a date. Get paid more and feel more attractive.
Completely discreet – no one will ever know you are wearing them. They are designed to be hidden within the shoe. Men, unlike women, don’t want it to be known that they are not really as tall as they appear to be. High heeled boots are too obvious to outsiders, whereas the heel lift exists within the shoe so there is no way anyone will know you are wearing them.
Also used for the correction of leg length discrepancy. Leg length discrepancy can lead to unwanted pain and a cosmetic issue. This is instantly corrected by placing a heel lift under the shorter heel.
Adjustable layer system – simply add and remove layers to achieve the height you desire. Use all 5 layers to gain 1.5 inches in height. Stack 10 layers together to gain 3 inches in height. Leg length discrepancy is easily corrected due to the precision of stacking the layers. We recommend that if you are going for a much taller height such as 1.5 or 3 inches + then you purchase a pair of shoes 1 size over which you would normally get for the extra room for your foot and also a longer pair of trousers so as to maintain the hidden illusion of height.
Super soft and super comfy. The monolithic gel molds to the shape of your foot. No discomfort from hard inflexible insoles the gel makes walking extremely comfy. Excellent for reducing strain on ligaments and joints due to the gels shock absorbing properties.
Nuova Health heel lifts fit all shoes and all sizes as they are designed to fit around the heel as opposed to fitting a specific shoe size. Also unisex – men and women can enjoy our heel lifts.
You get 1 Pair or 2 high-quality gel heel lifts – one for the left foot and one for the right foot. 5 Layers for each foot, if you use all 5 layers you will gain 1.5 inches in height.
Now presenting a new innovation in our height increasing range of products. Are you annoyed that you can only be tall when wearing shoes? Want to be tall – ALL the time? Simple to use and highly effective, slip these inserts into your sock and walk taller. Secretive design means that nobody will ever know you are wearing them.
Get all the usual benefits of height increase ranging from increased confidence to increased attention.
Designed to increase height by an extra inch.
- 2x High-Quality In-Sock Height Increase Inserts
- 30-day money back guarantee which means if you are not happy with your new pair of insoles you can simply send them back within 30 days of receiving them to get a full refund!
Nuova shock absorbing insoles are designed to increase the surface area of the foot helping to reduce the force generated by the impact of your foot hitting the ground and helps by absorbing much of the force through its tough but light plastic shell.
You get 1 pair of Nuova Shock-absorbing insoles (1 left and 1 right insole).
Better shock absorption has been shown to help treat and prevent a wide number of different foot and lower limb injuries. For example wearing these insoles can help with plantar fasciitis, Metatarsalgia, Achilles tendonitis, Shin Splints, Knee tendonitis as well as various hip and lower back related injuries.
Active carbon-fiber design for odor protection.
Breathable holes keep your feet feeling fresh and stops the build up of bacteria.
Memory foam helps to give your feet more comfort and protection
Helps protect and support the metatarsal area of your foot to combat against and treat ball of foot pain
Heel cup keeps your foot stabilized and prevent ankle and foot sprains from occurring.
Excessive pronation when you walk is the leading causes of foot injuries such as plantar fasciitis. These insoles have been proven to help stop your foot from pronating too much when you walk helping to reduce the risk of plantar fasciitis.
30 day money back guarantee means you are never left out of pocket if you’re not 100% satisfied with your new pair of insoles.
Keep your feet protected with a pair of our new and innovative foot support insoles! These insoles have been specially developed by our team of foot experts to help support your feet in the optimum position! They will help to eliminate any bio-mechanical problems that you might have affecting your feet and have been made from the very best EVA shock absorbing materials which will not only protect your feet but also your legs, knees, hips and back from excessive strain and pressure.
- 1x pair of foot support insoles
- Available in UK shoe sizes 6-8 and 9-12
- These full length insoles have been made to support your whole foot. By realigning and adjusting the positioning of your foot during the gait cycle these insoles will help to improve the way that your foot functions. This will help to reduce strain and pressure on your feet when you walk and reduce your risk of foot and lower limb injuries.
- They have been made using light weight EVA material that will absorb shock.
- Inbuilt arch support will support your arches and correct common muscle and bio-mechanical imbalance linked to foot strain, pain and injury.
- Features memory foam layer for enhanced shoe comfort
- Heel grips keep stop your feet from slipping around inside your shoes reducing your risk of developing blisters, bunions and other foot problems.
- Breathable holes help to keep your feet feeling fresh and odor free.
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 1x pair shock absorbing insoles
- Inbuilt arch support helps to improve the way that your foot functions reducing your risk of strain and injury to your lower limbs
Memory foam layer provides your feet with complete foot protection.
- These insoles are the best choice for wearing if you are suffering from plantar fasciitis as they have been designed helps to ease weight and strain off the plantar fascia allowing you to make a faster and healthier recovery.
- Ideal for people with flat feet, high arches or suffer from over-pronation or supination when walking.
- Cups around your heel providing you with extra stability and balance reducing your risk of spraining and twisting your ankle.
- Made from high quality shock absorbing materials to help stop shock from causing damage to your lower limbs.
- Perfect for runners, athletes and people who are always on their feet.
- Designed to be light weight and easily fitted inside a number of different shoes.
- 30 day money back guarantee for customer peace of mind
Our gel massaging heel cushion pads are perfect for slipping inside your shoes for instant foot and heel pain relief.
- 1x pair of heel cushions for shoes
- Made from medical grade shock absorbent silicone gel that is designed to cushion and protect your feet and heels from shock
- Redistributes weight and pressure evenly across your heels helping to stop pressure points developing when on your feet for long periods
- Molds to the exact shape and contours of your heels providing the very best support and protection
- Ideal for easing heel pain and aches
- Heel grip technology helps to stop your feet moving around in your shoes helping you to avoid blisters and bunions
- Lightweight, discrete and non bulky design perfect for fitting inside high heels without compromising your style
- Full 30 day money back guarantee, no questions asked!
Help to keep your feet protected and supported whilst you play sports with a pair of these Sports insoles!
- 2x High-Quality Sports Insoles (Left and Right foot).
- Designed specially to protect your feet from damage whilst playing Sports.
- Made from highly durable and shock resistant materials for better protection against shock.
- Inbuilt arch support eases pressure off your arches and corrects the way your foot functions by supporting your feet in the right position when you walk or run.
- Features heel cup technology that will improve heel comfort and stability.
- Added metatarsal support pads help protect and support the balls of your feet.
- 30-day money back guarantee ensures you have nothing to lose if you find that the insoles aren’t right for you!
Remember! All orders come with a full 30 day money back guarantee which means you have nothing to lose when ordering as if you aren’t happy with your new insoles you can just send them back to get a full refund! All orders made on working days are quickly dispatched that same day. Orders made on weekends or bank holidays are dispatched the next working day.