Plantar fasciitis what it is and treatment options
Plantar fasciitis is a common inflammation problem of the plantar fascia in runners but can even afflict non-runners too. (The plantar fascia is a fibrous tissue which spans the length of the sole of your foot which supports the arch of the foot). Inflammation of the plantar fascia usually will be found around where the plantar fascia is attached to your heel bone. The symptoms of plantar fasciitis will often include heel, foot pain and heel spurs.
The pain which plantar fasciitis causes often will be most painful around the inside of your heel but the pain can also be found on the sole of your foot too.
Plantar fasciitis is mainly an inflammation problem pain is at its worst during activity, but also people suffering with plantar fasciitis will also suffer from pain in the mornings too as a result of not moving. (Confusing I know but this is due to the state of the plantar fascia after you have slept all night not using your foot and when you take your first steps the plantar fascia will be tenderer).
Preventing plantar fasciitis is more simple and easy than you may think there are really lots of steps (mind the pun) that you can take to help prevent yourself from getting this problem. Including stretching your feet properly before exercise, this is very important as not stretching properly will mean an increased risk, many runners will tend to stretch all there other parts of their body but will often forget their feet.
Apart from stretching properly there is something else that is just if not more important and that is wearing the right footwear and insoles. Whilst running your shoes most give you the right support after all running creates a huge amount of pressure and strain on the plantar fascia and foot and so it is very important to have extra support. Tight and ill-fitting footwear can cause an increased risk of inflammation on the plantar fascia and other tissues which should be avoided.
Excessive pronation can be another cause of plantar fasciitis as this causes more stress than there really should be to combat this you can buy arch support plantar fasciitis insoles to help reduce this over pronation and reduce the stress on the plantar fascia too.
With treatment for plantar fasciitis – 95% of all people who get this condition will make a full recovery. There are some treatments that you can try including physiotherapy, anti-inflammatory drugs or by letting your plantar fascia naturally recover with the help of plantar fasciitis insoles that help support the arch and plantar fascia so when you walk you do not aggravate and inflame the plantar fascia again when you put weight on your foot.
For further information about this condition or other conditions please read through our blog.
Our pick of the best insoles for Plantar fasciitis
- 1x pair of genuine FootReviver™ insoles ideal for people with heel and foot pain
- Designed to help ease the main causes of foot pain by supporting your feet in the most natural position and correcting functional and bio-mechanical problems when you walk.
- Built to last. These insoles have been made out of the very best materials that will endure and keep supporting your feet even after many months of regular wear
- Shock absorbing technology helps to absorb shock and spread pressure reducing your risk of injury
- Highly recommended for people with flat feet or high arches
- 30 day money back guarantee
Having flat feet or high arches can make you more at risk of developing excessive pronation when you walk or run. Excessive pronation can place extra strain and pressure on your feet and can cause injuries such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis to arise.
Luckily, wearing a pair of these insoles if you have flat feet or high arches can help. They use orthotic support to re-position your feet and prevent your feet from pronating excessively during the gait cycle. Not only that but the inbuilt arch support will also help to stop unnatural load from damaging your arches helping to ease arch and heel pain.
- 1x genuine FootReviver insoles specially designed by foot experts for people with flat feet or high arches
- Inbuilt arch support to keep strain and pressure off your feet and lower limbs
- Built to be as lightweight as possible so your shoes do not feel bulky when you wear them
- Ideal for adding inside running or sports shoes to prevent common sport injuries such as plantar fasciitis or shin splints
- Uses orthotic support to correct the way that your feet pronate and helps get rid of other common bio-mechanical imbalances that can contribute to foot injuries
- No questions asked 30 day money back guarantee
Designed to help treat and prevent the main causes of foot aches and pain including injuries such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, foot drop, Achilles tendonitiis. All orders come complete with a full 30 day money back guarantee for customer peace of mind.
- 1x pair of arch support insoles that help support your feet in a natural and comfortable position to keep strain and pressure off your lower limbs when you walk
- Available in UK shoe sizes 6-8 and 9-12
- Inbuilt arch support helps to keeps pressure off your arch as well as correct common functional problems such as overpronation which can lead to injuires such as plantar fasciitis to develop
- Designed to absorb as much shock as possible helping to protect you against foot aches, shin splints and knee pain
- Metatarsal pads help to protect the ball of your foot helping you to avoid metatarsalgia
- Memory foam top layer helps to keep your feet feeling more comfortable in your shoes
- Heel cup keeps your foot and heel in place giving you more stability and reducing your risk of injury
- Lightweight and breathable construction makes these ideal for wearing whilst running or playing sports
- 30 day money back guarantee
The number one cause of foot and heel pain in adults is due to plantar fasciitis. It is estimated that one in ten people will this injury at least once in their lifetime. Plantar fasciitis is caused by unnatural load inflaming and damaging a ligament that supports your arch called the plantar fascia. Unnatrual load on your plantar fascia is often triggered by bio-mechanical imbalance such as overpronation and excessive supination.
Wearing a pair of these orthotic arch support insoles inside your shoes can help to improve the bio-mechanics of your feet and prevent overproantion and supination. Our insoles have been specially engineered to help to realign and support your feet in the correct position that causes the least amount of strain and pressure on your feet.
- Ideal for those with flat feet and high arches who are more at risk of developing foot injuries
- Solid heel cups heel protects your heels from shock and helps to improve stability and balance
- Motion control orthotic technology helps to improve your gait and prevent movement which may damage your feet or lower limbs
- Helps to improve the way that your foot functions using inbuilt arch support to stop common bio-mechanical imbalances that can cause plantar fasciitis to develop.
- Orthotic support helps to support and improve positioning of your feet This can have a great impact on your overall posture and ease and treat not just foot injuries but also leg, hip and lower back problems as well.
- Can be quickly an easily trimmed to the right size to fit into just about any type of shoes
- Ideal for runners and athletes wanting to avoid injury
2x Arch Support Insoles (One for each foot).
3/4 Semi rigid plastic shell for improved support and comfort.
Active carbon fiber that helps remove odour.SizeSize: 7-11 and 3-7.For both men and women.
- 1x Pair of Running Insoles (Left and Right Insole)
- Added arch support to weight and pressure off your arches and keep you injury free
- Heel cup technology keeps your heels supported and free from pain
- Ideal for people with flat feet and high arches
- Super durable and shock resistant construction
- Metatarsal pads to help combat against ball of foot pain
- Machine washable
- Memory foam for more comfort
- Cut down to the size you require
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 1x pair of genuine FootReviver™ insoles specially engineered to improve support and protection to your feet when running or playing sports.
- Orthotic support helps to ease and prevent a wide number of foot and lower limb injuries such as plantar fasciitis
- Shock absorption helps to stop shock from causing damage to your feet and lower legs making these insoles ideal for helping stop shin splints.
- Arch support helps to prevent common bio-mechanical imbalances causing unnatural load and pressure damaging the plantar fascia ligament that supports the arch of your foot.
- Orthotic heel cups will help to improve stability and balance in your heel helping you to avoid movement that could cause injury to your lower limbs.
- Perfect for people who have flat feet and high arches and who are at great risk of developing foot pain and injuries