Heel pain is a common symptom of plantar fasciitis. The plantar fascia is a ligament that connects the heel bone to the toes; it supports the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is injured or is weakened or becomes swollen or inflamed the heel of the foot can begin to hurt as you stand due to the added pressure of the weight of your body on the already inflamed plantar fascia. Plantar fasciitis is the name for this inflammation in the plantar fascia.
As we have already explained heel pain is the most common symptom of plantar fasciitis. In order to gain relief from this pain you have to support the plantar fascia and distribute the pressure, caused by standing, away from the painful area.
In order to gain the most appropriate relief from plantar fasciitis heel pain we must consider the causes of the heel pain in the first place and treat the cause not just the symptoms. Plantar fasciitis is caused by the ligament that supports the arch straining and thus becoming inflamed. Straining is more likely to occur due to excessive pronation, high arches or flat feet, walking or standing or running for a long time on hard flat surfaces, being overweight, wearing shoes that don’t fit well or a tight Achilles tendon.
People with Plantar fasciitis caused by flat feet can gain relief by using plantar fasciitis insoles. Plantar fasciitis insoles are specially designed orthotics. They are shoe inserts that support the arch of the foot and in doing so re-align your posture, supports the natural arch of the foot and redistributes pressure. The result is instant pain relief from plantar fasciitis associated with flat foot.
If your plantar fasciitis is not caused by flat foot and the arch of your foot is fine then you should instead wear plantar fasciitis heel pads or heel cups. These absorb everyday shock to the heel area and redistribute this away from the painful region; they realign your posture and help to eliminate heel pain. Pain from standing or walking is instantly eliminated.
Those that run may be best advised to wear arch support sports insoles in order to prevent plantar fasciitis from occurring in the first place.
Tight Achilles tendons can be resolved through stretches. We will deal with tight Achilles tendons in a future article as there is a lot to explain here.
Here at NuovaHealth we stock many plantar fasciitis products designed to help you find relief from your pain.
A list of the best insoles for plantar fasciitis
Keep your feet protected with a pair of our new and innovative foot support insoles! These insoles have been specially developed by our team of foot experts to help support your feet in the optimum position! They will help to eliminate any bio-mechanical problems that you might have affecting your feet and have been made from the very best EVA shock absorbing materials which will not only protect your feet but also your legs, knees, hips and back from excessive strain and pressure.
- 1x pair of foot support insoles
- Available in UK shoe sizes 6-8 and 9-12
- These full length insoles have been made to support your whole foot. By realigning and adjusting the positioning of your foot during the gait cycle these insoles will help to improve the way that your foot functions. This will help to reduce strain and pressure on your feet when you walk and reduce your risk of foot and lower limb injuries.
- They have been made using light weight EVA material that will absorb shock.
- Inbuilt arch support will support your arches and correct common muscle and bio-mechanical imbalance linked to foot strain, pain and injury.
- Features memory foam layer for enhanced shoe comfort
- Heel grips keep stop your feet from slipping around inside your shoes reducing your risk of developing blisters, bunions and other foot problems.
- Breathable holes help to keep your feet feeling fresh and odor free.
- 30 day money back guarantee
The number one cause of foot and heel pain in adults is due to plantar fasciitis. It is estimated that one in ten people will this injury at least once in their lifetime. Plantar fasciitis is caused by unnatural load inflaming and damaging a ligament that supports your arch called the plantar fascia. Unnatrual load on your plantar fascia is often triggered by bio-mechanical imbalance such as overpronation and excessive supination.
Wearing a pair of these orthotic arch support insoles inside your shoes can help to improve the bio-mechanics of your feet and prevent overproantion and supination. Our insoles have been specially engineered to help to realign and support your feet in the correct position that causes the least amount of strain and pressure on your feet.
- Ideal for those with flat feet and high arches who are more at risk of developing foot injuries
- Solid heel cups heel protects your heels from shock and helps to improve stability and balance
- Motion control orthotic technology helps to improve your gait and prevent movement which may damage your feet or lower limbs
- Helps to improve the way that your foot functions using inbuilt arch support to stop common bio-mechanical imbalances that can cause plantar fasciitis to develop.
- Orthotic support helps to support and improve positioning of your feet This can have a great impact on your overall posture and ease and treat not just foot injuries but also leg, hip and lower back problems as well.
- Can be quickly an easily trimmed to the right size to fit into just about any type of shoes
- Ideal for runners and athletes wanting to avoid injury
2x Arch Support Insoles (One for each foot).
3/4 Semi rigid plastic shell for improved support and comfort.
Active carbon fiber that helps remove odour.SizeSize: 7-11 and 3-7.For both men and women.
- 1x pair of genuine FootReviver heel cups with orthotic support and motion control technology
- Stabilizes and eases pressure off your foot and ankle to help prevent and treat overuse injuries such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis.
- Inbuilt arch support helps stops your foot excessive overpronation (which is when the foot rolls inward excessively during gait) or excessive supination (which when your foot rolls outwards excessively during gait). Excessive overpronation and supination are the most common causes of plantar fasciitis in adults. This is because they can unnatural amount of load on your arch causing it to become inflamed and damaged. That is why these heel cups are perfect for anyone suffering from plantar fasciitis as they help to support your foot in the correct position and help stop your from from pronating in the wrong way.
- Built from shock absorbing materials that help to stop shock from damaging your feet and lower limbs when walking.
- These heel cups helps to prevent the build up of pressure underneath the soles of your feet by spreading pressure evenly across your whole foot instead of allowing pressure points to develop. This makes these heel cups are ideal for people who find themselves on their feet for all day and suffer from foot and heel pain.
- Made to be super lightweight and to fit inside just about any type of footwear
- Comes with a full 30 day money back guarantee which means if you are not entirely satisfied with them you can return them to get a full refund!
NuovaHealth now present the latest generation, highest quality orthotic insole, specially designed for runners, athletes and sports enthusiasts alike or for everyday use.
Improves balance, stability and foot strength.
Improves running ability through improved foot pronation.
Helps treat and prevent common foot injuries such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis.
2x High Premium Quality Orthotic Arch Support Insoles (Left and Right foot).
Available in 2 Sizes: Large Size UK 8-10 and Medium Size UK 5-7 (Cut down to meet your individual requirements).
Brand new and unused.
Our gel massaging heel cushion pads are perfect for slipping inside your shoes for instant foot and heel pain relief.
- 1x pair of heel cushions for shoes
- Made from medical grade shock absorbent silicone gel that is designed to cushion and protect your feet and heels from shock
- Redistributes weight and pressure evenly across your heels helping to stop pressure points developing when on your feet for long periods
- Molds to the exact shape and contours of your heels providing the very best support and protection
- Ideal for easing heel pain and aches
- Heel grip technology helps to stop your feet moving around in your shoes helping you to avoid blisters and bunions
- Lightweight, discrete and non bulky design perfect for fitting inside high heels without compromising your style
- Full 30 day money back guarantee, no questions asked!
- 1x pair shock absorbing insoles
- Inbuilt arch support helps to improve the way that your foot functions reducing your risk of strain and injury to your lower limbs
Memory foam layer provides your feet with complete foot protection.
- These insoles are the best choice for wearing if you are suffering from plantar fasciitis as they have been designed helps to ease weight and strain off the plantar fascia allowing you to make a faster and healthier recovery.
- Ideal for people with flat feet, high arches or suffer from over-pronation or supination when walking.
- Cups around your heel providing you with extra stability and balance reducing your risk of spraining and twisting your ankle.
- Made from high quality shock absorbing materials to help stop shock from causing damage to your lower limbs.
- Perfect for runners, athletes and people who are always on their feet.
- Designed to be light weight and easily fitted inside a number of different shoes.
- 30 day money back guarantee for customer peace of mind
- 1x pair of genuine FootReviver™ insoles specially engineered to improve support and protection to your feet when running or playing sports.
- Orthotic support helps to ease and prevent a wide number of foot and lower limb injuries such as plantar fasciitis
- Shock absorption helps to stop shock from causing damage to your feet and lower legs making these insoles ideal for helping stop shin splints.
- Arch support helps to prevent common bio-mechanical imbalances causing unnatural load and pressure damaging the plantar fascia ligament that supports the arch of your foot.
- Orthotic heel cups will help to improve stability and balance in your heel helping you to avoid movement that could cause injury to your lower limbs.
- Perfect for people who have flat feet and high arches and who are at great risk of developing foot pain and injuries
Help to keep your feet protected and supported whilst you play sports with a pair of these Sports insoles!
- 2x High-Quality Sports Insoles (Left and Right foot).
- Designed specially to protect your feet from damage whilst playing Sports.
- Made from highly durable and shock resistant materials for better protection against shock.
- Inbuilt arch support eases pressure off your arches and corrects the way your foot functions by supporting your feet in the right position when you walk or run.
- Features heel cup technology that will improve heel comfort and stability.
- Added metatarsal support pads help protect and support the balls of your feet.
- 30-day money back guarantee ensures you have nothing to lose if you find that the insoles aren’t right for you!