Height is a more important aspect in our lives than we may first think. Height can influence other people’s first impression of you; therefore you will have far greater chances of success in job interviews or anywhere else where first impressions are important if you are a little bit taller. Now it may sound impossible at first that you can actually increase your height but you can and this can be done quite easily too. Often when you think of increasing your height you will usually think of growing taller by eating a protein rich diet to give your body what it needs to grow but this is all well and good for the people who are still growing but what about getting taller when you have stopped growing what then? Surely it is impossible right? Wrong. You can still increase your height by stretching and wearing some of our insoles will help you do just that. Firstly let me mention about stretching exercises. Stretching exercises are really great for helping you get good posture and maintain it. With good posture your spine and joints will be under less pressure which will help you better avoid joint and bone problems and conditions like arthritis or stress fractures. From stretching exercises you can expect to gain a couple inches overtime if you keep up the stretches each day and maintain good posture, as stretching exercises work by strengthening the muscles that support the joints and spinal vertebra meaning your joints and spine will be less compact together from the effect that gravity has on our bodies (overtime as we get older and our muscles and joints get weaker the effect that gravity has on us is far greater as our bodies are weaker than they used to be to help combat the effects).
Stretching exercises will make you taller but will take a lot of commitment and time. Every day you must keep up doing the stretching exercises and be aware of your posture constantly making sure you do not slouch or hunch. However what if you want height right now? Or you don’t have the time to do stretching exercises each day or you have excellent posture and want even more height? Some shoe lift insoles are just what you need then! Shoe lifts will give you the extra height from working by elevating your heels secretly and because shoe lifts are secret means people wear them and others have no idea that they are wearing shoe lifts at all that is pretty cool if you ask me. Shoe lifts give people who have either stopped growing or people who want to be taller right now a chance to be the height they want whenever they feel like it. Simple and easy to put in your shoes being taller has never been so easy and because nobody will ever see the insoles you have no awkward moment where people work out your wearing them which cannot be said for those who wear elevator shoes as with elevator shoes it is pretty obvious with the tall heel and all.
Doing the right stretching exercises (like Yoga or Pilates) and with the added and instant height that you are able to get from wearing shoe lifts will no doubt help you feel much more confident in yourself and gain the edge needed to succeed in life and business.
There are loads of reasons why you might want to be taller, being taller will surely help boost your confidence, improve your social life and job prospects all in one! So it’s up to you do you want this?
The right nutrition via eating a balanced diet is very important for development and growth. Not having the right nutrition in other words being deficient in certain vitamins and minerals (malnourished) can in fact stunt your growth. Studies of western countries average population height compared to that of countries with poor diet from either economic factors or environmental factors shows a big correlation of how what you eat can affect your height. Take for example people living in country’s struck by famine; the populations height will be considerably smaller to that of a western affluent country of which has an abundance of food, along with proper education of healthy living and sports centres or gyms to help people stay healthy.
Calcium and phosphorus are minerals that contribute to good bone health and are needed if you want to grow taller also these minerals are needed as being deficient in them at a young age can have effects like osteoporosis when you’re older.
Nutrition is fundamental for growth; essential amino acids are needed for growth and repair of cells in your body. Essential amino acids are called “essential” because of the fact that you’re body does not create them and so they can only be obtained through eating certain foods.
It isn’t just nutrition that help you get taller but also the right posture too. The right posture is key! Slouching and hunching your back will weaken the spine and make you look smaller. With a weakened spine and muscles around the spine the effect of gravity will more easily take a toll by compressing the body together.
There is something you can do however to get better posture! Stretching exercises can be done (for example Pilates and Yoga) by stretching out the spine you in effect strengthen the spine and muscles making it much harder for gravity to compress you together and thus making you taller; not only do stretching exercises help to improve posture but the space between the joints and vertebrae in your spine can also widen (because this gap is made up of cartilage that can change shape). By increasing the gap between the bones you can gain a bit of height and better posture.
But if this sound like a lot of hard work to you then you can try a pair of our shoe lifts too instantly gain height. OR you could even try out wearing our shoe lifts and doing stretching exercises for even better results.
In this article you will find out how using orthotic insoles can help to correct overpronation and supination, plus you will also find out what are the the best insoles to buy for you!
Over and under pronation can be corrected by orthotics… But what exactly is meant by pronation of the foot and how does it over or under pronate and does it even matter? This article aims to address these issues.
Pronation is the inward “roll” of your foot whilst you run or walk. In other terms pronation is the amount of inward roll that occurs when your foot pushes off after each step.
Normal or neutral pronation is preferred and in order to check if you have normal pronation one of the biggest clues is your arch (on the sole of your foot) if you have a normal arch then there is a big chance you have normal pronation (sometimes not always the case).
If you have got normal pronation of the foot then you may run best in well supported orthotics.
Over and under pronation of the feet can lead to pain in the foot region and the heel as well as site wide inflammation. People who have got flat feet tend to be the ones with over pronation in the feet and are best suited to insoles or shoes that help support the arch of the foot i.e. arch support insoles. In contrast to this people who have not got flat feet but the very opposite with high arches are the ones that tend to suffer from under pronation. People who suffer from under pronation are best to buy some shoes or insoles that help to support the arch and foot in a more natural position.
Causes of over and under pronation
Scientists have come up with many explanation to the causes of over pronation however scientist have yet to come to any conclusions as to what is exactly to blame. Some reasons that scientist and orthopaedics have come up with include:
– Leg length discrepancy’s (unequal length of the leg).
This can be corrected using heel lifts to correct the difference in leg lengths.
– Weakening or tightening of the muscles surrounding the arch of the foot.
This can be treated by stretching and strengthening the muscles around the arch of the foot.
– Poorly fitting shoes that do not give adequate support and positions the foot in unnatural positions where over time can cause damage.
– Ageing can cause weakening of the tissues that support the arch
– Obesity, being overweight can cause more pressure on the arch of the foot.
Arch support insoles can be worn to help too support the plantar fascia and the arch of the foot thus reducing over or under pronation of the foot. The arch support corrects and supports the natural arch in the foot reducing pain and easing inflammation.
List of the best insoles for correcting pronation
Wearing orthotic insoles with in built arch support is one of the most effective ways of correcting over-pronation and supination when you walk. Orthotic insoles are designed to hold your foot in place, realign the positioning of your foot and stop movement which can places excessive strain and pressure on your foot and lower limbs. By correcting the way that your foot functions orthotic insoles are ideal for both treating and preventing common foot injuries such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, foot drop, turf toe, Achilles tendinitis as well as injuries that can affect your lower limbs such as your shins, knee, thighs and lower back.
Here at NuovaHealth we have a wide range of orthotic insoles with specially developed orthotic support technology to keep your feet supported, protected and feeling comfortable. All our insoles come complete with a full 30 day money back guarantee which mean you have nothing to lose if you find that the insoles aren’t right for you.
These arch support insoles are a perfect choice for preventing and easing pain associated with foot injuries such as Plantar Fasciitis.
How they can help with your foot pain
If you have Plantar Fasciitis then our arch support insoles will help to keep you on your feet by reducing strain and pressure on your arches, this will in turn help to prevent further damage to your Plantar Fascia and give your feet a chance to heal! Our insoles will protect your feet from damage, provide the arches of your feet with extra support and will also correct biomechanical imbalances such as flat feet or high arches which can often lead to Plantar Fasciitis.
Why our insoles are the best choice for those with Plantar Fasciitis:
- Added orthotic arch support designed to support your entire foot as well as correct biomechanical imbalances and ease pressure and strain on the plantar fascia ligament that supports your arches.
- Helps to support and correct the four phases of the gait cycle and prevent overpronation and supination whilst walking.
- Absorbs shock and spreads pressure evenly across the heel and foot.
- Made from lightweight and durable materials.
- Ideal for those with high arches, flat feet as well as those suffering from diabetes.
- A perfect choice for runners and athletes who need more support to prevent themselves from developing overuse injuries.
- Proven to help treat and ease a number of different injuries affecting the lower limbs including Plantar Fasciitis, Metatarsalgia, Bunions, Heel Spurs, Morton’s Neuroma, Foot Fatigue, Shin Splints, Achilles Tendinitis, Jumpers Knee, Runners Knee as well as hip and lower back pain.
- Features a specially designed heel cup that will help provide improved support and stability to your heels. The heel cup will also restore biomechanical balance to your feet which will in turn ease foot and heel pain and reduce the risk of heel and ankle injuries from developing in the future.
2x Arch Support Insoles (One for each foot).
A full 30-day money back guarantee.
3/4 Semi rigid plastic shell for improved support and comfort.
Active carbon fiber that helps remove odour.SizeSize: 7-11 and 3-7. Our insoles can also be cut to size for the perfect fit inside any type of shoes!For both men and women.
These insoles are perfect for easing foot pain if you have flat feet or high arches. Having flat feet or high arches can make you more at risk of developing excessive pronation when you walk or run. Excessive pronation can place extra strain and pressure on your feet and can cause injuries such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis to arise.
Luckily, wearing a pair of these insoles if you have flat feet or high arches can help. They use orthotic support to re-position your feet and prevent your feet from pronating excessively during the gait cycle. Not only that but the inbuilt arch support will also help to stop unnatural load from damaging your arches helping to ease arch and heel pain.
- 1x genuine FootReviver insoles specially designed by foot experts for people with flat feet or high arches
- Inbuilt arch support to keep strain and pressure off your feet and lower limbs
- Built to be as lightweight as possible so your shoes do not feel bulky when you wear them
- Ideal for adding inside running or sports shoes to prevent common sports injuries such as plantar fasciitis or shin splints
- Uses orthotic support to correct the way that your feet pronate and helps get rid of other common biomechanical imbalances that can contribute to foot injuries
- No questions asked 30 day money back guarantee
These insoles are made combat against the main underlining causes of foot pain.
If you have flat feet and over pronate then you are at much greater risk of developing plantar fasciitis and other foot related injuries. Wearing a pair of these insoles to correct your pronation can help. Using orthotic arch support technology these insoles will realign and re-balance your feet and stop you from over-pronating when you walk. This will help to treat and ease plantar fasciitis pain by taking the pressure and strain off your arches when you walk, helping you to avoid inflaming and damaging the plantar fascia ligament that stretches across and supports your arch.
- 1x pair of insoles specially developed for people with over-pronation. Helps to correct foot function and ease foot pain.
- Inbuilt arch support to relieve pressure and tension off your arches and stops your feet from over pronating, making these insoles ideal for treating and preventing a whole host of foot injuries including plantar fasciitis.
- Heel support helps to give your heels a break and provides you with more stability balance and comfort.
- Shock absorption properties help prevents lower limb injuries such shins splints and knee tendinitis
- Highly recommend for athletes and people with flat feet
- Made to be compact and non bulky so you feet don’t feel tight or weighed down by your shoes when you wear them
- Features memory foam layer for more comfortable feet
- 30 day money back guarantee
2x High Premium Quality Orthotic Arch Support Insoles (Left and Right foot).
Available in 2 Sizes: Large Size UK 8-10 and Medium Size UK 5-7 (Cut down to meet your individual requirements).
Brand new and unused.
Keep your feet protected with a pair of our new and innovative foot support insoles! These insoles have been specially developed by our team of foot experts to help support your feet in the optimum position! They will help to eliminate any bio-mechanical problems that you might have affecting your feet and have been made from the very best EVA shock absorbing materials which will not only protect your feet but also your legs, knees, hips and back from excessive strain and pressure.
- 1x pair of foot support insoles
- Available in UK shoe sizes 6-8 and 9-12
- These full length insoles have been made to support your whole foot. By realigning and adjusting the positioning of your foot during the gait cycle these insoles will help to improve the way that your foot functions. This will help to reduce strain and pressure on your feet when you walk and reduce your risk of foot and lower limb injuries.
- They have been made using light weight EVA material that will absorb shock.
- Inbuilt arch support will support your arches and correct common muscle and bio-mechanical imbalance linked to foot strain, pain and injury.
- Features memory foam layer for enhanced shoe comfort
- Heel grips keep stop your feet from slipping around inside your shoes reducing your risk of developing blisters, bunions and other foot problems.
- Breathable holes help to keep your feet feeling fresh and odor free.
- 30 day money back guarantee
The number one cause of foot and heel pain in adults is due to plantar fasciitis. It is estimated that one in ten people will this injury at least once in their lifetime. Plantar fasciitis is caused by unnatural load inflaming and damaging a ligament that supports your arch called the plantar fascia. Unnatrual load on your plantar fascia is often triggered by bio-mechanical imbalance such as overpronation and excessive supination.
Wearing a pair of these orthotic arch support insoles inside your shoes can help to improve the bio-mechanics of your feet and prevent overproantion and supination. Our insoles have been specially engineered to help to realign and support your feet in the correct position that causes the least amount of strain and pressure on your feet.
- Ideal for those with flat feet and high arches who are more at risk of developing foot injuries
- Solid heel cups heel protects your heels from shock and helps to improve stability and balance
- Motion control orthotic technology helps to improve your gait and prevent movement which may damage your feet or lower limbs
- Helps to improve the way that your foot functions using inbuilt arch support to stop common bio-mechanical imbalances that can cause plantar fasciitis to develop.
- Orthotic support helps to support and improve positioning of your feet This can have a great impact on your overall posture and ease and treat not just foot injuries but also leg, hip and lower back problems as well.
- Can be quickly an easily trimmed to the right size to fit into just about any type of shoes
- Ideal for runners and athletes wanting to avoid injury
2x Arch Support Insoles (One for each foot).
3/4 Semi rigid plastic shell for improved support and comfort.
Active carbon fiber that helps remove odour.SizeSize: 7-11 and 3-7.For both men and women.
- 1x pair shock absorbing insoles
- Inbuilt arch support helps to improve the way that your foot functions reducing your risk of strain and injury to your lower limbs
Memory foam layer provides your feet with complete foot protection.
- These insoles are the best choice for wearing if you are suffering from plantar fasciitis as they have been designed helps to ease weight and strain off the plantar fascia allowing you to make a faster and healthier recovery.
- Ideal for people with flat feet, high arches or suffer from over-pronation or supination when walking.
- Cups around your heel providing you with extra stability and balance reducing your risk of spraining and twisting your ankle.
- Made from high quality shock absorbing materials to help stop shock from causing damage to your lower limbs.
- Perfect for runners, athletes and people who are always on their feet.
- Designed to be light weight and easily fitted inside a number of different shoes.
- 30 day money back guarantee for customer peace of mind
These gel insoles are a must buy for anyone suffering from foot or heel pain. They feature massaging gel orthotic support that actively molds and adapts to the changing pressures that your feet are put under when you walk. The silicone gel gives your feet a custom level of support and helps to restore balance, function and comfort back to your feet. They are perfect for anyone suffering from plantar fasciitis as they have been designed to help treat the most common underlining causes of plantar fasciitis and provide sufferers the support and protection that they need in the places where they need it the most.
- 1x pair of silicone massaging gel insoles designed to soothe foot pain
- Shock absorbent to help protect your feet and lower limbs from injuries such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, shins splints, knee tendinitis and lower back pain.
- Orthotic arch support eases weight and pressure off your arches easing arch pain
- Built to be as lightweight as possible and to fit inside just about any type of footwear
- Perfect for people who are on their feet for long periods on hard surfaces such as concrete or pavement.
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 1x pair of genuine FootReviver™ insoles specially engineered to improve support and protection to your feet when running or playing sports.
- Orthotic support helps to ease and prevent a wide number of foot and lower limb injuries such as plantar fasciitis
- Shock absorption helps to stop shock from causing damage to your feet and lower legs making these insoles ideal for helping stop shin splints.
- Arch support helps to prevent common bio-mechanical imbalances causing unnatural load and pressure damaging the plantar fascia ligament that supports the arch of your foot.
- Orthotic heel cups will help to improve stability and balance in your heel helping you to avoid movement that could cause injury to your lower limbs.
- Perfect for people who have flat feet and high arches and who are at great risk of developing foot pain and injuries
How to prevent and ease pain whilst running
If you suffer foot cramps, sudden jolts and pain whilst running then there are things you can do to try to reduce this. For instance you can wear orthotic insoles and improve your running technique. By just doing these two things you can vastly reduce the discomfort and pain while you run. So how do you improve your running technique and how can orthotic insoles help?
Let me first tell you about how improving your running technique will help. If you have a bad running technique then this can cause unnecessary force and jolts when your feet hit the ground, not only that, if when you run the impacts of hitting the ground with your feet becomes too powerful then this can affect your run. There are a few ways you can improve your run and stop this from happening; try to run softer and be lighter on your feet whilst running.
Here are a few things that will help you run better and improve your technique to reduce unnecessary strain, discomfort and more importantly injury.
Good posture is key to running as slouching or having a hunched back can cause back pain and may even cause strain on the leg muscles. Standing upright and straight will help you breathe more openly and freely meaning more oxygen will be able to be delivered to your cells and reduce the build-up of lactic acid. Good posture includes keeping your head up looking forward at all times as looking down will cause strain on your neck muscles.
A trick many people use to improve posture is imaging that a string is tied on the top of their head and they are being pulled upwards kind of like a puppet.
When your feet hit the ground
Many pro runners will land on their forefoot instead of their heel when running; this is because landing on the forefoot there is a less likely chance of injury and not only that it helps improve speed while running. Some people naturally run like this whereas other will run on their heel, if you run on your heel it is best to slowly start running on the forefoot as quickly changing running style can cause injury. Running shoes are available to help people slowly change running styles from heel to forefoot.
Over striding is where your foot lands in front of the knee and this isn’t very good for your joints! It is not good because when your feet lands in front of the knee then it is out of your centre of gravity and this can cause injury, a better way of running would be to instead run so that the foot lands under the knee instead. Something that I mentioned above is too run light on your feet, do not hit the ground with force and the aim is to make your feet spend as little as possible time on the ground as you can.
How your arms move is just as important as how your legs move. It helps improve not only speed but balance and rhythm as well.
You must relax your shoulders as best you can as tension can cause pain and discomfort in the shoulders while running plus it can limit the movement in the arms. You elbow should be bent at around a 90 degree angle just like all the pro runners. Another thing to keep in mind is that you should move your arm with the shoulders and not your forearms.
Breathing is very important whilst you run as being out of breathe while running won’t get you very far. Breathing more effectively can help you run faster and for longer. Breathing will also reduce the amount of lactic acid in your body when you cells become starved of oxygen. To improve your breathing remember to inhale via your nose and exhale from your mouth. Breathe with the diaphragm and always breathe deeply and openly.
Wearing orthotic insoles
Even the pro runners wear running orthotics when they run (and when they are not running). Running insoles will help to cushion your feet, reduce unnecessary shocks that can cause weakening in your tissues and even cause arthritis overtime. By spreading pressure that could build up so that it is evenly spread throughout the foot and heel it means that this build-up of pressure cannot cause damage, discomfort or pain.
Insoles also help to reduce the risk of getting such problems as plantar fasciitis as your plantar fascia will be better supported. Because the insoles help to reduce sudden jolts in your legs because they act as a shock absorber it reduces strain and fatigue that can occur in your joint meaning you can run faster for longer.